iLab Solution’s registered office is at Interchange Business Centre, Howard Way, Milton Keynes MK16 9PY United Kingdom and we are a company registered in England and Wales under company number 08880285. We refer to ourselves within this notice as ‘we’ or ‘us’.
1. HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect information when you interact with us including when you visit our website, sign up for our emails, visit us at an exhibition or other event, make an enquiry or purchase any of our products or services (whether online, in person or over the phone).
We collect your personal information in one of the ways described below:
- When you contact us to request a quote, order products or services, or make a technical enquiry over the telephone or by email.
- When you visited us at an exhibition, conference, seminar or other event.
- When you entered into a competition or responded to a special offer operated by us.
- When you responded to a survey we provided to you.
- If you otherwise contacted us by telephone, email or post.
2. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information that is necessary to perform the services you have requested or that is otherwise necessary for us to operate our business and continue to improve the experience of our customers.
Information obtained directly from you (for example, in person, over the phone, by post, or when you interact with us online:
- Job Title
- Email address
- Postal address
- Contact telephone number
Where relevant we may have also collected:
- Payment Card details (although please be aware we will not hold such information for any longer than necessary to process your transaction).
- Delivery address(es) and/or Billing address(es).
- Email preferences.
- Details of goods and services purchased by you.
- Information that you provide when you enter a competition or a promotion by us.
- Information provided in correspondence when you contact us.
- Information that you provide when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes.
3. WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND HOW WE USE IT
We use the information we hold about you for a number of purposes including to provide information you have asked for, to provide goods or service you have requested from us, to request additional information from you, to develop and improve our services and to otherwise operate our business. Below we describe how and why we use this information and how long we retain it.
We may use your information in the following ways:
To fulfil our obligations under a contract with you and to otherwise carry out our business.
- Fulfilling purchases you have made of our goods and services.
- Processing your payments (although please be aware we will not hold your payment details for any longer than necessary to process your transaction).
- Contacting you with any important information in relation to your purchase of goods or services including confirmation of your orders, reminders, details of any changes, delays or other information relevant to your order.
- Contacting you in relation to the renewal of any annual agreement you have with us (for example, service contracts).
- Contacting you in relation to any competition or promotion you may have entered into with us.
- For the internal administration of any of your purchases from us.
- To contact you to respond to your queries (for example, if you email us with a question).
- Improving our websites and online services.
When we have a legal obligation to do so
In appropriate circumstances we shall use your information to fulfil our legal obligations which may include:
- Detecting and reducing the risk of fraudulent transactions in person or online
- To keep our databases up to date
- For our financial records
- Such other obligations as are imposed on us from time to time
- Deleting or updating the information we hold about you if we learn such information is inaccurate.
- Complying with your data rights (as further described below in section 5)
When it is in our legitimate interest to do so
We use your information, where it is in our legitimate interest to do so, to classify our customers into groups or segments, using the information you provide us with through your interactions with us. These segments help us to:
- Understand our audience better.
- Enable us to tailor and target our products and services to help us manage and improve them.
- Identify and contact individuals who are in a position to benefit from our goods and services.
- Retain your personal information on our secure customer relationship management system for the above purposes.
How long we retain your personal information for
- We keep your personal information as long as necessary for the legal purposes set out above.
4. HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH THIRD PARTIES
iLab Solutions will not share, sell or otherwise make available your personal information to third parties without your express prior permission.
We may share your data with:
- Third parties who are performing services on our behalf (for example, sub-contractors, delivery services).
- Service providers working on our behalf (for example payment processing, database services, website hosting services, and/or cloud services).
- Agencies necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example fraud protection).
5. YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS
You have certain rights under data protection laws in relation to the personal information we hold and are using about you. To exercise your rights, please use the contact details provided in Section 9.
Your rights include asking for a copy of the information we hold about you, having any inaccurate information we hold about you corrected, or to request that we stop using your personal information in a particular way. Your data protection rights are summarised below.
You have the following rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data, these rights include:
- To have accurate information held about you, and to have your details updated when they are inaccurate. If you have an online account you may amend your personal details and contact preferences at any time. If you prefer, you can contact us by email, telephone, by mail, or in person to update your details with us.
- To ask us to delete your data (often called the “right to be forgotten”). We might not always be able to delete it, under the law there are some circumstances in which we will need to, or are entitled to, hold on to it.
- To get a copy of your personal data. A subset of your data (limited to data that you have provided to us) is available in a machine-readable format if required.
- To object to how we use your data, and request that we stop using it for certain purposes. There may be circumstances where you ask us to restrict such uses of your information, but we are entitled to refuse that request.
- To withdraw your consent, where we are using your personal information with your consent (as described above in the ‘Why We Collect Your Personal Data and How we use it” section).
- To ask us to transfer your data to another organisation, where your data is held in a machine-readable, commonly used way, and can be safely transferred.
- The right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner (www.ico.org.uk) if you think that any of your rights have been infringed by us.
To exercise your rights, please use our contact details below.
We may request additional information so that we can verify your identity (and to ensure your personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it). If your request relates to a specific transaction with iLab Solutions, evidence of that transaction (i.e. a receipt or confirmation).
We may contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to help us enact your rights in accordance with the law.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. However, occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complicated or you have made a number of requests. In such circumstances, we will notify you.
6. SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
iLab Solutions is committed to keeping your data secure. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal information from unauthorised access and use.
- The country we send the data to might be approved by the European Commission as being sufficiently secure;
- The recipient is located in the United States and is a certified member of the approved EU-US Privacy Shield Scheme; or
- The recipient company might have signed up to a contract obliging them to protect your information.
- In all such cases we shall ensure that any transfer of your information is compliant with data protection law.
However, please note that the transmission of data via the Internet is not completely secure. Your communications may be routed through a number of countries before being delivered. We cannot guarantee the security of any data transmitted to our website, however, once we have received your data, we will use adequate security procedures to prevent unauthorised access.
7. OUR DATA PROTECTION REGISTRATIONS
iLab Solutions is not required to register with the Information Commissioner’s Office, as we only process personal data for core business purposes.
9. CONTACT US ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you would like more information or would like to raise any queries, exercise your rights or make a complaint relation to our use of your personal information, you may contact us using the following details:
iLab Solutions Ltd
Interchange Business Centre
Howard Way, Milton Keynes MK16 9PY
t: +44 (0) 1908 299 268
10. COOKIES AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
You can browse our website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. If you have cookies enabled on your web browser, the website will collect information about your visit as you move through the website.
This may include: technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information (where applicable), browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
We use this data to inform the development of our service (for example, if we know which web browsers most of our visitors are using, we can allocate website development resources accordingly). Please see below for more information about cookies.
WHAT ARE COOKIES AND HOW DO WE USE THEM
Cookies are pieces of data that a website can transfer to a user’s web browser. The cookies may remain on your computer after you leave the website but you can manually delete them using most browsers. Most web browsers are pre-set to accept cookies. Some cookies store data just for the time you are on the website. These are called session cookies and are not stored on your computer after you have left the website.
When you visit our website, you will be prompted to accept cookies. By clicking “accept cookies” on our website, you are giving consent for cookies on our website to be stored on your computer. Your consent is retained for 180 days or until you clear your browser cache. After this you will be prompted to re-consent.
If you do not wish for this to happen, you can disable cookies in the settings of your browser. For more information on cookies and their uses, visit the cookies page on the Information Commissioner’s Office website.
In particular we use the following cookies and similar technologies:
We do not use Google Analytics Advertising Features on our website.
We use WooCommerce cookies to allow the online shop to function correctly. To keep track of cart data, WooCommerce makes use of 3 cookies:
The first two cookies contain information about the cart as a whole and helps WooCommerce know when the cart data changes. The final cookie (wp_woocommerce_session_) contains a unique code for each customer so that it knows where to find the cart data in the database for each customer. No personal information is stored within these cookies.
CONTENT EMBEDDED FROM THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
During your visits to our website you may be delivered cookies by third-party websites. When you visit a page with content embedded from, for example, Facebook, SoundCloud, Vimeo, Twitter, YouTube, Google Maps or Flickr, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. iLab Solutions does not control the dissemination of these cookies. You should check the third-party websites for more information.
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control of websites outside the ilab-solutions.co.uk domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy.
Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.